Fresh Nest Cleaning recognizes the privilege of working with our clients to create a personalized cleaning plan for either a one time or ongoing cleaning maintenance plan. We clean everything! Although our most appointments are residential homes, we also clean commercial buildings, airbnbs, move outs or move ins for tenants and new home homeowners and also new construction/remodel clean-up.
Although a majority of our clients are incredibly comfortable with the idea of having us clean their homes, we also know that there are some that are uneasy or embarrassed. Although we consider each cleaning appointment to be unique, we have probably seen it all in the cleaning industry. For this week’s blog, we decided to create part 1 of a list for clients of what we wish you knew about us cleaners.
- As uncomfortable as you are about having a stranger in your home, we are also feeling uncomfortable being a stranger in your home. You may not know us, but we don’t know you, either. The only difference between us is that we have more practice and experience. Our similarities is we both choose to work with one another. When we do a walk through or communicate online, we are feeling one another out and making sure that both of us are comfortable working together. A lot of our clients work from home and will be regularly interacting with us while we clean. We want to be able to communicate well and be professionally friendly with one another.
- You can choose to stay or be present when we clean your space. It’s a mixed bag on this one. As mentioned, many of our clients work from home and will be present while we are cleaning. For some of our deep clean appointments, our client’s prefer to be elsewhere. In move-outs or move-ins, we have had client’s request to work alongside of us! We even have had parent’s ask if their kiddos can grab a clean rag and dust! Our job is to adapt and make your experience comfortable. We just ask that you communicate with us, ahead of time, so we know what to expect.
- You don’t have to clean before we come over, but we do ask that you have your home tidy enough for us to easily get to the areas we need to. Each situation will be different, but for most of our cleaning appointments, the floors should be clear of clutter so we can easily vacuum and mop. Clean linen should be easily accessible if we are making your beds- we don’t want to have to look for it in your cupboards and if not sat out, we will assume you don’t want us to to change them. For commercial buildings, we won’t typically move furniture or clean on top of desks, unless specifically asked.
- Your mess doesn’t surprise us. We have really seen it all. Really. We understand that life gets in the way and you may not have dusted for months or had the chance to clean the bathtub in awhile. This is why you hired us, so we can help you out. No need to be embarrassed or apologize. All we are invested in is getting your nest clean and fresh so you can enjoy it.
- Please don’t cook us! We know that the temperature may be comfortable enough for watching T.V. or working on the computer, but we are moving around and -even in moderate temperatures, breaking a sweat. In the winter months, we wish you would turn your heat down, slightly, and in the summer months we ask that you keep your air on so we can stay cool. If we are in a space that someone does not live in, please provide us the information so we can turn on the air ourselves.
We know that for some of our clients, having a cleaner is a occurrence for special occasions. For others, having a cleaner is a part of regular home maintenance. Whether you’re reading this list because you are nervous or you have gotten comfortable and need a refresher, this is what we wish you knew. Next week, we will expand and add a few more things to the list. Stay tuned!