Last week we started a list about what we wish our client’s knew. This week, we continue that theme. House cleaners must possess a lot of soft skills in order to be successful. The number one skill is an ability to effectively communicate and to set our clients at ease to they are comfortable communicating with us. Our hope is that whether you are reading this because you are considering a house cleaner or you already have one, that this list helps open up conversation and strengthens your professional relationship.
- We don’t mind your kids or pets. Our staff is made up of parents and pet owners so we really understand how it is. Kids are curious and dogs are nervous. However, sometimes, it is easier if you choose to go to the park when we get there. For the most part, communication is most important. We have no problem sharing our comfort levels with you during your free consult.
- Talk to us about what you want and your expectations. If you’re paying for a service and there are specific problem areas that drive you crazy, please point them out to us. We are incredibly thorough but we want to be sure that we address what is going to bother you the most.
- Expectations versus reality can sometimes differ depending on what you’re paying for. Which is why it is important to communicate what specific areas drive you crazy. We will tailor our cleaning to meet your needs and stay within your price range. However, if you’re paying for a basic clean, we won’t be hitting all the areas that are typically covered in a deep cleaning session.
- Sometimes we adjust our price after we gave you a quote. This is especially true if we didn’t get a chance to do a walk through and you raise your expectations once we have gotten there. Or if the house is a bit dirtier or there are conditions we previously were not aware of- like that you smoke in your home or have pets. However, we will always be upfront and won’t catch you off guard if we have to raise our prices.
- You may think you are saving by not having regular cleaning but that will actually cost you more money. We have to do a deeper cleaning when we only come once a month or less often. It is, honestly, the most cost effective to have us come bi-weekly or more often.
- We don’t mind that you look up other people to work for you. But keep in mind that we are incredibly considerate about our costs. We are licensed and insured. We also pay our employees a fair wage. Often, cheaper companies are cutting costs somewhere and it is usually with their employee’s wages. We want to make sure that the individuals who clean your home are doing it because they are happy. Happy employees are the best employees and will produce the best results. Additionally, we take in to consideration that we are providing our own cleaning supplies and gas to travel. It may seem like we are profiting on your job, but after overhead, it’s about the same as any other job. If you do use a different cleaner, we suggest you make sure they are licensed and insured, trustworthy, thorough, and use quality products.
- We assume there are cameras, everywhere. But we know you’ll only catch us dancing silly or tripping over our two feet. The only snooping we enjoy doing is reading the titles of the books on your shelf.
- Our job is just as important as any other job. Sometimes, house cleaning comes with a stigma. Fresh Nest exists because this is where the owner found happiness in how she spent her day. Often when having conversations with others, people get uncomfortable when one of us expresses what we do for a living. Our job is just as valuable as anyone else’s and we have been successful enough to accomplish most of our financial goals.
- We don’t expect tips but boy do they make our day! What REALLY helps us out are online reviews, though. Our clients send us the nicest emails and texts all the time, if only they posted those exact comments on our google page. This allows us to be more prominent in the online world for others to find us. Social media helps, as well, but often google rules.
- We will go above and beyond for some clients. If you noticed some extra areas freshened up that were outside of what was listed in the consult, just know that we appreciate you being our client just as much as you appreciate the extra help. We genuinely love the idea of you coming home and being surprised and relieved that your nest is fresh and clean. We know you deserve it.
There are a lot of people who hire professional house cleaners for lots of different reasons. No matter why you are having us, we want to be sure that your experience is positive. We are always open to talking more in depth about any questions. Schedule your free consult with us so we can create a personalized cleaning plan for you.